23 thoughts on “Why

1. Tank, MAB says:

Thanks, Lee. Some guys have all the luck.
    Run to Victory Update:
    My buddy Brian and I finished together in 1:57:15, beating his 2-hour goal! It was his first half-marathon. It was about 28F at the start, with a 5-15 mph wind chill! And with hills steeper than any other course I’ve done. But the course was rural country roads, so it was very beautiful and peaceful if you could block out the pain. I loved it. Brian’s wife and 4 girlfriends did the 5-miler, and want to make a tradition of it. A great time was had by all, except for my quads.

2. lee says:

Dear Tank, and Shana,
    There was an article in our local paper today about a man who died of a heart attack whilst jogging. I’m just sayin’.

Shana,
    Pretend you are running toward Nullah.

4. Tank, MAB says:

Yeah, thanks Lee! I’ll NEVER live that down, now! But I like your dog already. He must be a fine dog.
    Shana, the first day I ran, I made it about 3 blocks. Believe in yourself and practice and stick with it–you could do it, too!

Dear Lee,
    We do now.

6. lee says:

I actually *guhuffed* when I saw Tank’s signature. Tank, MAB. I am SCREAMIN’ over here!
    Good luck Tank. You know, my dog is named Hank and I call him Hank the Tank Mister Hanky Panky. Do June and Hammy ever call you that?

7. Shana says:

PS: Tank is my new hero. I have worked my way up to running almost 1/3 of a 1/2 marathon. 13.1 miles would take me approximately four days of straight running, and I just don’t have it in me.

8. Shana says:

Dear June,
    Obsessed is harsh. I KNOW he’s just a movie pretend orphan. But still.
    I bet if you saw him roaming around in a trailer park you’d take him home with you and let him eat all your books.
    Love,
    Shana

9. Linda .. the Aussie one!! says:

I work in Woolworths .. all freaking day long they play Christmas songs .. girlfriend likes her some Christmas carols .. but .. these sound like they are being sung in an abby .. I keep wanting to burst into “how do you solve a problem like Maria” whenever I hear them .. maybe some music challenged nerd did some stupid statistics and found that people buy more things like .. I don’t know .. canned peaches .. when they hear this music .. perhaps they have subliminal messages in it .. wonder if they can put one in there that I don’t like chocolate any more .. just wondering is all.

Wait. Henry didn’t know Ozzie was in a band?!?!?!
    !?!?!
    You never told me that awful story. Of course, how could you? When is there an opportunity?

11. Tank, MAB says:

Thanks Tee! Thanks Jan! The race will be fun–it’s a fundraiser for the Victory Junction Gang, a camp for kids with chronic illnesses.
    Gladys, I knew the world had changed when they started using Iggy Pop to promote Carnival cruises, and when my stepson didn’t know Ozzy used to be in a band.
    On topic: I’ve never cared for Howard Stern too much, but it beats Christmas music 24-7 for sure! June, bust out the Frampton!

12. Aubrey says:

At least you don’t have to listen to that horrid “Christmas Shoes” song over and over and over until you want to throw a fine pair of heavy shoes at the radio.
    I’m firm in the belief that you can get tired of Chrismas music when it’s played NON-STOP beginning the DAY after Halloween and your husband has the alarm set so you wake up to it every. filthy. day. I supoose I could change it, but I am so lazy.

Shana,
    You seem particularly obsessed with that orphan.
    Love,

14. Jan says:

Good Luck, Tank!!!
    The headline will read:
    “Tank, The Miracle Angel Baby Runs 1/2 Marathon…Still Carpools With Talkative, Singing Broads”

15. Shana says:

In answer to your question, “why,” could it perhaps be that the gods of entertainment are punishing you for not having your cockles warmed by the plight of Nullah the Australian orphan. Ever think of that?

When you made the singing video, make sure to tell everyone to turn UP their speakers. ROFL!

17. Gladys says:

You know what I hate? When they call songs from my era “Golden Oldies”. I mean are The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith and Peter Frampton really Golden Oldies? I know they are pickeled but Golden?

I thought you had an ipod. Yeah, why don’t the three of you just sing your way to work. Sounds like at least one of you can sing. As for joining Hammy on stage, I’m sure you would be a big hit at church. Good luck Tank! Hey! You could make a video of you singing and post that, YEAH! That’s what you can DO!!!!!!

Let’s see. Well, I went to church with Hammy on Sunday, and I am going back next Sunday, as she is singing a solo and you never know if she’ll want me to come up on stage and join her. I am certain it’s called the “stage,” isn’t it?
    And I can’t think of anything new with Tank. OH! Tank is running a half-marathon this weekend. Everybody wish Tank luck.

20. Karen says:

Speaking of Tank and Hammy, what’s new with them? Haven’t heard much lately about your carpool pals.

21. Lee says:

Me thinks you should just sing to Hammy and Tank. It’s part of the June’s Variety Hour.

22. You’re lucky – the radio stations around here only play Christmas music… And not GOOD Christmas music.

23. Jan says:

Why aren’t you and Hammy listening to the tales of Hank, The Miracle Angel Baby??? Why are you not listening to all Christmas, all the time??? Why don’t you just chuck it all and have Hammy and Tank give you gas money so that you can drive your car every day so you can listen to Howard???