I was toppled, toppled I tell you, by a migraine last night, which means I went to bed at 6:11. Because it's important to get your 12 hours in.

YES. I take Topamax so I don't get migraines. But it doesn't remove them 100%. What do you want me to do?

Anyway, fortunately Marvin got the dog from day care, so as soon as I got home I PUT ON THE RED DRESS I AM WEARING THIS WEEKEND SO JAN STOPS HAVING FITS, had Marvin take a photo, then went straight to bed. Well, I took the dress off first.

Red

Really, I don't know why Marvin isn't a photo stylist. What could be more festive than wedging your subject between the Victrola and the TV? Plus, I LOVE the stripy tights with the dress. Mmm! That's JUST how I'm gonna wear it the day of the wedding.

If you can get past my tights, those are the shoes I am wearing with the dress. They are a kind of metallic silvery gray and I am wearing silver dangly earrings the day of. And I'm getting my hair straightened. Oh! And I found the Vera Wang cropped faux fur jacket to wear over this to and from the wedding, or if I get a chill during. It too is a silvery gray.

I can tell I have a migraine in this photo.

That is all. I have eaten nothing since lunch yesterday and I have no personality.

Anyway, you'll see 9,000 photos of me and Dottie actually dressed up at the wedding, plus photos of the bride if we can get them in.

18 thoughts on “The dress.

1. PRETTY! I kind of like the tights. They remind me of the Wicked Witch of the East. Or West. Whichever one the house landed on.

2. I love love LOVE the dress. And LMAO about me packing ahead. I SO do NOT pack ahead!! What gave you that idea? I’m a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants sorta girl.

3. Hyphen Mama says:

You are gorgeous, but I’m loving the Georgia O’keefe-esque painting behind you!!

4. Ree says:

Look at those ding dang collar bones!

5. Sandy says:

You are such a skinny bitch! I mean, you look lovely, June. Can’t wait to see you (and that dress) in person on Saturday. I’m gonna slobber all over you, brace yourself.

6. Kira says:

You? Gorgeous.
    J? A perv.

7. Kim says:

Keep it up with the Topamax and you’ll be able to change the name of your blog to “Bye Bye, Thighs!”
    I have Maxalt for migraines but, almost never have to take it as my other drugs for my condition will head off any migraines or their symptoms.

8. Great dress! Not so much with the tights. You and your skinny Topomax self look HOT!

9. Carpoolqueen says:

Thanks for clearing up the bit about the tights. I was slightly concerned. I have no concerns, however, about the dress. It’s fab.

10. Ohhhh, almost as pretty as Ruby!

11. Brindi says:

That is a beautiful dress. You are smokin’ hot in it! You and Dottie may be getting in some trouble this weekend.

12. Patty says:

Damn! You look hawt! Have fun at the wedding!

13. J says:

You look like you are channeling Marilyn Monroe! And your breasts will not quit staring at my eyes.

14. Annie says:

You should really add Digg to your site, so I can!
    The one thing I remember from the photography class I took in high school…don’t just look at the subject, look at the whole scene. Then he relayed a lovely message about a prom dress and a garbage can purse. I don’t know, maybe Marvin took the class.
    Hope you are feeling better.

15. Erin D. says:

You look radiant! You really do. That was money well spent. On the topamax, I mean.
    No, I kid. What I’m really talking about is the pie painting.

16. Jan says:

AAhhhh… the pressure in my brain has subsided.
    The dress and you are GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! You look fabulous. I’m not jealous at all, you skinny bitch. (note to self: TOPAMAX!)
    I am now waiting with baited breath for the Vera Wang faux fur jacket.
    I hope your migraine gets better but thanks for sucking it up for me. I’m really the one who matters here.

17. Jessica S says:

Look lovely. Dangit.

18. Jessica S says:

Aw, you love lovely! And sooooooooo skinny! And how dedicated are you to take this picture for your faithful blog readers. We heart you.