18 thoughts on “Just came back from my first knitting class

1. Shana says:

I am a really good knitter. But then again, I am a 30-level narcissist whereas you are only a 20, so maybe you should just hang it up. Just saying.

2. Brooke says:

Ooohh, yeah, the needles are a major benefit. I’m still trying to figure out how to use them to change the channel on the TV when I can’t find the remote.

3. Pat says:

Everyone sucks at first. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Just keep practicing and you’ll be knitting beautiful sweaters in no time.

Well yeah! It’s only your FIRST lesson, for crying in the cream.

5. Dee from Tennessee says:

Dee from Tennessee
    I want to learn how to do punch needle…but I don’t think I will be able to do it. Just a thought..why don’t YOU learn how and think YouTube it for me?

6. Gladis says:

Stitch N Bitch Nation!

7. Gladys says:

I am not allowed to knit. I may put someone’s eye out…like my own.

8. Kim says:

You know June, if you just can’t master it, you could always pick up the “Sew Easy Knitting Machine”. Oh what the hell, why not pick up the “Bedazzler” also. Just think you could be sparkly everyday at work.

9. Jan says:

I totally want to be in the knitting gang. What’s the intiation? Do I need to get jabbed at with the needles? Will you knit me up in a knitted straight jacket first?
    June, look at the fun you’ll have. Keep at it. Then you can join the knitting gang. Or create your own, the rival knitting gang.
    Remember your inner narcissist. You can do it. Remember you are better than the knitting and if you need to, after someone looks at something you have knitted, flash your ta ta’s at them. They won’t remember what you knitted.

10. Karla says:

At first it felt like I had about eight fingers on each hand till I got the hang of it. It takes time and practice, you can do it.
    Is there really a knitting gang sign? If not there needs to be one!

11. Diane says:

Don’t give up – it is hard and awkward at first, but give it time. Don’t know if you read Chickens in the Road – but Suzanne McMinn is as talented as they come and she is also trying to learn to knit and having trouble. It will come – promise.

12. sending you an invite to Ravelry *throws the knitting gang sign*
    Have you read the Yarn Harlot’s blog yet? http://www.yarnharlot.ca
    Famousist blogger..cool lady,and has her own word in the dicitionary “kinnearing”

13. Marsha says:

P.S. When you don’t preview your post sometimes you write pure crap…

14. Marsha says:

I was a crocheter who taught herself to knit in high school. I made 2 sweaters. Thought I was brilliant. Wore them to death. Then I guess I lost interest -maybe it was all that brilliance! I picked up back up about five or six years ago and when I look at some of the stuff I made – PURE CRAP!! My advice is if you enjoy the knitting process just keep on even if it is crap. For me, it’s the process or the journey and not the finished project.

15. Ree says:

Join the club. But I don’t care. It gives me the opportunity to carry sharp pointy objects.

16. Leah says:

Me too! My mom started giving a friend and I lessons…I gave up after one lesson.

17. Melissa says:

Yeah. What she said.

18. Of course you do – you just started. Don’t let it beat you!