Things aren't going well with my Uncle Jim and his cancer. You may not hear from me for a while.

I hate stupid cancer.

Unclejim 001That's my uncle in the middle, at my wedding in 1998. Annoyed I didn't get more pictures of him at my wedding. Nine million photos of my stupid ass at my wedding. I couldn't get one good one of him?

43 thoughts on “My uncle

1. Joy T. says:

I’m sorry to read your Uncle is not doing well :o( You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

2. Kari says:

I’m so sorry June. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. Hugs to you.

3. Your Pal from MA says:

Love to you and your family, June.
    xoxo,

4. (((hug)))
    Cancer SUCKS.

5. misschell says:

so, so sorry! we will pray for Uncle Jim…
    thinking of you & your family,
    misschell

I am so sorry to hear this. Sending prayers and positive thoughts.

7. Gladys says:

Sending you love and prayers June. I’ve been through this please email me if you have questions or just need to vent.

8. Rachel says:

Hugs. Big, giant bear hugs.

9. Alice says:

Oh, June – I’m so sorry. I’ thinking of you and your family. Cancer blows.

I’m sorry your uncle is not doing well. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

11. Culpepper says:

Prayer’s for Uncle Jim have been said this morning and will continue throughout the day (week, month, year). Hugs to you and your hurting heart. Take your time but please post with updates when you can. We really all do care!

12. Paula FNY, D says:

Thinking of you.

13. Thinking about you.

14. Susanne says:

So, so sorry, June. I think whoever said to sneak Henry on the trip is brilliant.
    Be sure to let him know how many people are praying and sending good thoughts his way. You, too.

15. KW in Atlanta says:

Well said, Furry Godmother.
    My mom died from cancer after it devoured her body, but not her soul. She kept her sense of humor and I was determined to honor her by putting my energy into positive thoughts. Not an easy thing to do, June, I know. You can help him and the rest of your family with your wonderful humor. Never underestimate the power of laughter. You are in my thoughts.

16. So sorry to hear this. I was hoping since you didn’t mention him lately that things were doing okay. As someone who has dealt with it twice this year in my own body I can say, please don’t focus on the disease. Stuff some cigarettes up your nose, have a beer and give the power to the hapiness of his life.
    Sending you positive wishes.

17. Karen says:

(((((HUG)))))
    Love you and praying for you and your family!

18. Kerrin says:

Couldn’t agree more about hating stupid cancer. Thoughts are with you and your family…

19. zelzee says:

Cancer is just awful…….for everyone involved.
    At least you have pics of your uncle, and some neat memories!!
    Sending positive thoughts your way!

20. Ree says:

Cancer beyond sucks.
    Hugs and good thoughts.

21. Sue says:

So sorry to hear your uncle is not doing well. Cancer, does indeed, suck! Keeping your and your family in my thoughts.

22. Linda .. the Aussie one!! says:

I hate cancer too .. my mother has cancer .. incurable cancer .. she would love to stay alive long enough to meet her first great grand child .. it is likely she won’t. *sigh* I feel your pain June. Best wishes to you and Uncle Jim.

23. LisaPie says:

Miss June,
    I am truly sorry that your Uncle Jim is sick. They do say that laughter is the best medicine. And there he is related to the sweetest, funniest person on the planet. All I’m saying is maybe if you go visit and maybe if you sneak little Henry on that visit, you will perk that man right up.
    I am sending all my best vibes and positive thoughts and prayers out to you and your Uncle Jim.

24. Bobbie Jo says:

I was going to leave a comment about giving you an award on my blog but that seems so petty now.
    I will be praying for your Uncle and you and your family!
    Cancer sucks!!!!!!!!

25. Laurie S. says:

I’m sorry, June. I know what a helpless feeling you have right now.

26. arlene says:

June, I am sorry. Cancer is a awful thing. You know, the photo is not a good one of Uncle Jim, but it does show him in the midst of family/friends and enjoying himself. Take Care.

27. Jan says:

Oh June! I am sorry. So sorry. I hate cancer, too. I am thinking of you and Uncle Jim and the whole family. Please convey all of our love and support to him.
    Do you have any pictures of him jumping out from behind doors to scare you?

28. I lost my dear uncle this year too, back in February. I miss him dearly. That’s an understatement.
    I only have one decent informal shot from him during my wedding. Actually it was an elopement ceremony and I don’t have a picture of my side of the family and my new husband. And I’m kicking myself too. I totally know how you feel.
    Thinking about you.

29. whimzie says:

I hate it, too. With all the hate in my heart.

30. Lisa says:

So sorry, June. I’m keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    Cancer sucks.

31. Cristy says:

Thinking of you, June. Praying for your uncle.

32. Just a thought, do you reckon the rest of the family feels the same about the picures? Some of the best loved people in my family are very elusive in pictures. What if you got everyone to pool copies of their Uncle Jim photos and made a collection online for the whole family to share?

33. Alison says:

I’m so sorry. I will keep y’all in my thoughts and prayers.

34. HB says:

Don’t worry about us – go be with Uncle Jim and make him smile…

35. Donna says:

In our thoughts and prayers. Uncle Jim will be glad you are there, he needs a good laugh and you are just the right person.

36. Hyphen Mama says:

Oh no! I’m so sorry. I’m sending you and him loving energy.

37. I’m sorry, June. I’ll keep him in my prayers 🙂

38. Cat says:

I hate cancer, too. I’m thinking of you and your uncle.

39. Carpoolqueen says:

I’m sorry. Thinking of all of you.

40. pendy says:

I’m so sorry. Take care. We’ll be right here when you come back.

41. Bambi says:

You’re right….cancer sucks. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

42. chacha says:

I’m sorry this is happening to your uncle and family 😦

43. Brindi says:

Just lots of love and prayers. Take your time.