Okay, who is obsessed with the "99 Problems" song?

Really, though, the first Make June Do It activity was a bust. Faithful Reader Laurie suggested I go all day today completely unclothed. First I made sure Marvin's friend Ron was not coming over. Because I feel right at home around Ron, but come on, now.

Also? I made Tallulah be naked too.

No, really.

Nake

I took her collar off. I figured I shouldn't have to do this alone. I think she is a little worried that it's bath time, to tell you the truth.

Anyway, I got up and took off my pajamas and paraded right into the kitchen, where Marvin was completely indifferent to my Emperor's New Clothes state. Who is over me and my shenanigans? Is it Marvin? Whose fault is it that I have a blog? Is it Marvin's? Suck it up, Marv.

So here's what I have to tell you. You make coffee, sweep the floors, and fluff the couch pillows all naked? Yeah. It gets COLD.

Maybe we should have done this in August. Because, brr.

I felt bad, because I logged onto Facebook, and Faithful Reader Paula From New York's status update was that she is wondering how my naked day is going.

Maybe we all need to be a little worried about Paula.

Oh! And while I'm up, she is our commenter of the week. For something she actually said on this blog, not because she is thinking of me undressed. Go look at Special of the Week on the right column to see her funniness.

So anyway, I am berobed now. Sorry, Laurie.

MDJIFAIL

Oh, and I did keep my necklace on. Which I guess isn't fair because Tallulah had to take hers off.

If I have time today, I will stampede to the Bumpit that Faithful Reader Shana wants me to try for my next Make June Do It. Mostly today I am reading, though, for my OTHER book club. And that reminds me!

Don't forget to finish The Fountainhead soon, because we are having Mince Words with June, my book club, on September 30 at 9 p.m. Eastern Time. Bring your Ding Dongs, as they are the official snack item of Mince Words with June.

This is naked and ashamed June, signing out.

27 thoughts on “I got 99 problems but a stitch ain’t one

1. Hotpants! says:

Hi June! I’ve been following your blog for some time but just recently felt compelled to comment on this “Make June Do It” segment. Something must be in the water because my very good friend has made September “Choose My Adventure” month, wherein she proposes three different adventures each day and friends and random people vote on it to ultimately DECIDE HER FATE. Or something like that. ANYWAY, you should check out her blog if you get the chance (or in the case that you need some MJDI inspiration): http://lindseyaburton.posterous.com/

2. Shana says:

Where is the Brazilian in the line of things to Make June Do? Also, is it wrong that sometimes I think to myself WWJD, and I ain’t thinking about Jesus?

3. Here in Tennessee, “nekkid” is being “naked” with intent.

4. Here in Tennessee, “nekkid” is being “naked” with intent.

5. Here in Tennessee, “nekkid” is being “naked” with intent.

6. Bronwen says:

Running around naked in front of husbands is just asking for trouble. Mine would decide that there shall be a Naked Saturday or something. Glad it’s you and not me. Because I need to finish shampooing the carpets, and that is a dangerous thing to do naked. What with all the bending over emptying the canisters and all.

7. Bumma says:

Just a FYI on the bumpit. Kristina from Pulsipher Predilections tried the Bumpit and wrote about it on her blog. If you want to read about her experience go to: http://adamandkristinapulsipher.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-lovely-lady-bumps.html
    I’m not computer savy, so hope this links ok for you.
    PS…Love your blog,I always check your blog when I’m having a bad day. It is an INSTANT happy pill!

8. KW in Atlanta says:

Hey Readers, you’ve got to go to Special of the Week and read the comments. Dying to know if anyone else pictured Paula this way!
    Cracked me up!

9. KW in Atlanta says:

If you’re havin’ girl problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a bitch ain’t one.
    Yes June, you had me in stitches over this.
    Hey, Didn’t Faithful Reader Laurie promise she would go bare naked if you would?
    I too think your hair looks stunning.

10. Molly says:

Furry Godmother — we must be from different parts of the South. Where I come from, “nekkid” is what little kids skinny-dipping are. “Naked” is the shameful one.

11. To be ashamed while unclothed in the South, you would have to be referred to as “nekkid” which is completely different from merely being “naked”.
    And at least you didn’t spend the day opening jars. Because straining and naked just don’t mix.

12. To be ashamed while unclothed in the South, you would have to be referred to as “nekkid” which is completely different from merely being “naked”.

13. To be ashamed while unclothed in the South, you would have to be referred to as “nekkid” which is completely different from merely being “naked”.

14. Your Pal from MA says:

Yeah! What happened to the Brazilian thing? I, for one, am relieved that you aren’t doing the Brazilian. I don’t even want to live that one vicariously through you!

15. Erin says:

I’m pretty sure Jay-Z isn’t quilting… stitch might not be the right word.

16. June-Z says:

Okay, doesn’t ANYBODY think “I got 99 problems but a stitch ain’t one” is hilarious? Cause, you know, I do.

17. Sleeping Beauty says:

I thought you had to get a brazilian wax. And your hair looks better in this photo than that overly straight way.

18. Jiggly Bits says:

Thank you for NOT running the floor sander while nude.

19. Smoove June says:

You know why my hair looks good? It’s the $70 keratin treatment. It is supposed to reduce frizz, and it really does!

20. Hyphen Mama says:

Are you not just a LITTLE paranoid that during your naked shenanigans your webcam would be up and running? No? I’m the only paranoid one who wonders if they really CAN SEE ME through the television set? Hmmm. I need to go put a bra on.

21. Cristy says:

you’re going to tell me to rot in hell or something for saying this, but i think your bedhead looks pretty. (running for cover)

22. Yeah, what’s with the hair? It looks great. Is that a Chi aftermath look or what?

23. Susanne says:

Sheesh, it’s me, Susanne, not Sis. Altho I wouldn’t mind being your sister. We could have some fun, yo.

24. Sis says:

“Who is over me and my shenanigans?”
    I think since you don’t have any kids, you ARE the kid. At least you and your shenanigans don’t have any siblings to conspire with. Can you imagine the havoc more than one of you could wreak?

25. I think if one is going to run around naked all day, one shouldn’t have to do chores. It should be a leisurely “look at me and all my nakedness” kind of day.

26. If Ron had came over, he probably wouldn’t have even noticed you were naked, he would have been enratpured by the pretty soft waves in your hair, and your stunning necklace.

27. Nest Girl says:

Does this mean I don’t have to take a bath?