Picture book. Pictures of your June-a, and some of her dog-a, a long time ago.

I’ve got nothing interesting to blog about today, and if you’ll recall, last time that happened I ended up whipping out my I’m Irked columns from high school. Which is never a good sign.

Yeah, and you know what else? You know how you’re over there reading along, minding your own business, and right up there in blue is a link to one of my previous posts? Do you have any idea how LONG it takes me to do that? I had to remember when I wrote that post, which I couldn’t, so then I logged onto my blog and tried to find it, which I couldn’t, so then I had to GO ON TYPEPAD and SEARCH for it, and now here we are again, FIVE MINUTES LATER.

Okay, so five minutes isn’t that bad. But it was an annoying five minutes. Go enjoy the crap out of that link.

So, because I have nothing to tell you–I mean, really, things are copacetic. Busy time at work, Tallulah’s due for her shots, my CHI is making my life happy. I got nothing–I decided to go into my photos file and pick every 33rd photo and see if I could drum up anything interesting to say about them.

What can I tell you? I see the number 33 everywhere. Constantly. I have no idea what it means, except one time I found a list one of my old boyfriends had of all the women he slept with? And I was number THIRTY-THREE! Geez! Sleep around a little, would you, bub?

I was totally the Rolling Rock.

And that’s really about the time I started seeing the number 33 everywhere, and it happens so often now that I don’t even think about it. I got married at 33. I was given a sweatshirt by a friend, and the number on it is 33. You know how many cats I wish we had?

Thirty-three.

Okay, let’s drop June’s Weird Numerology and stampede to our photographs.

Sandyswedding 

Ah, here I am at Sandy’s wedding this winter, along with a very nice guy who sat on my table who I will cleverly call “Roy.” And also an exit sign.

I was obsessed with not having any exit signs in my wedding pictures. I really was. And that is part of why I got married outside. Also? I was obsessed with not being photographed holding a beer with my wedding dress, and surely I have shown you the photo of me in my wedding finery with a beer bottle stuck down the front of my wedding dress.

Haven’t I? Well, it wasn’t in my count of every 33rd picture, so you’ll have to wait another day.

Easter 

Ooo! Easter egg dye from when Jewish Marvin and I dyed eggs this year. I think this picture is kind of pretty. I don’t know why they make the other colors when all of my eggs are just going in the pink dye.

You know what I’m over? I am over beauty shops thinking “Curl Up and Dye” is a funny name. We GOT it, already.

Zoo 

These pictures are funny to me (and I’m sure you’re busting a gut, over there. Woo!) because they are in chronological order. I know I took this picture right after Easter, when I went back to Saginaw because of my uncle’s cancer.

I know! That IS hilarious, June! You know from funny!

Anyway, for Christmas, Marvin bought me the Children’s Zoo sign from my hometown. It was being auctioned on eBay and Faithful Reader Saginawman alerted him. Anyone who knows me knows I am obSESSED with the zoo in my hometown, and I have dragged everyone there 952 times. So this was the best gift, ever. Except this sign is enormous and we have no way to get it to North Carolina. Oops. So here it is in mom’s garage! Hi, sign! Heart you! Wish I had you here!

If you look closely you can see me in the photo, over on the right. See my Converse?

Isocurious 

Oh look, it must be April. There’s Tallulah in her I-can’t-take-my-eyes-off-Henry phase when Henry was a teeny kitten. She did NOTHING but note that kitten’s every move. Look, she’s even pointing! See her little curled paw? She seriously had an issue. Glad she is over it.

Adore 

Okay, it took her a WHILE to get over it. I swear it’s 33 pictures later, too.

Azaleas

Remember how irked I was that someone planted pink azaleas next to coral ones on the side of my house? I mean, HONESTLY, why would you put these colors NEXT to each other? In no way, shape or form do they look good together. ACK! Am getting nauseated.

I guess it still bothers me. THANKS, 33rd picture rat bastard.

Talulame 

Oh! Okay, so this was, you know, last weekend. That’s my friend Paula on the left. We lived together in Seattle. We also worked together in Seattle. We lived and worked together. We got into some classic fights. And yet we are still friends.

Paula follows the band Heart around the country. No, really, she does. Yes, Heart. From the ’70s and ’80s. Yes, they’re still together. I swear she is mostly a normal person. And a fine friend.

Well, I guess this wraps up another episode of June-has-nothing-to-blog about. Oh crap! I just remembered I could have told you about how I almost peed in my car the other day. Well, see? Now we have something to look forward to tomorrow.

Advertisements

Author: June

At one point, I was sort of hot, in a "she's 27 and probably a 7" kind of a way. Now I'm old and have to develop a charming personality. Guess how that's going.

66 thoughts on “Picture book. Pictures of your June-a, and some of her dog-a, a long time ago.”

  1. Can’t wait for tomorrow. Oh, except I’m not going to read you tomorrow. Because I am personally, deeply, morally offended that you’ve only taken me to your hometown zoo 950 times. You owe me 2.

    Like

  2. My address is 33! But I’m moving to a 22. Oh, calm down, we’re not building anything, we’re moving into my parents’ house, you know, since they DIED and all. So do I get ecology/ecosystem/earthshoes/granola cred for moving into an existing structure? How about sympathy points since I’m an orphan now?

    Like

  3. My address is 33! But I’m moving to a 22. Oh, calm down, we’re not building anything, we’re moving into my parents’ house, you know, since they DIED and all. So do I get ecology/ecosystem/earthshoes/granola cred for moving into an existing structure? How about sympathy points since I’m an orphan now?

    Like

  4. My address is 33! But I’m moving to a 22. Oh, calm down, we’re not building anything, we’re moving into my parents’ house, you know, since they DIED and all. So do I get ecology/ecosystem/earthshoes/granola cred for moving into an existing structure? How about sympathy points since I’m an orphan now?

    Like

  5. Did you ever tell anyone there was an ‘I’m Irked, Too” column the next year?? And how are involved in a lawsuit as this is being typed? Because “Irked, Too” is dating a millionaire??
    True story~I have won over $3,000 playing #23 in roulette in Vegas…

    Like

  6. I love that Marvin bought you that sign. When my husband and I were dating he bought me a CD for my birthday, then decided he wanted it too. He burnt the CD and gave me the COPY! Needless to say, I pick out my own presents now!

    Like

  7. Why doncha take a nicer picture of your sign…and then upload it to snapfish or something and get a pretty poster of it and then you can put that up on your wall until you can figure out how to rent a uhaul to move your sign to your house. 🙂

    Like

  8. Amy has a helpful suggestion there, while all I want to say is that my link color is green, not blue…does that irk you?

    Like

  9. Amy, have you seen June’s photography skills? I think you just suggested three things that June cannot make happen:
    -take a nicer picture
    -upload to snapfish
    -fit the poster on a wall in her house (not sure about this one, I know her bathroom and hallway are small)
    Nice job with the gift Marvin. I am banned from buying Beth clothes, jewelry, perfumes, or anything expensive. I never considered getting her old signs from places she loved to hang out. There was a bar named “Cooters” near the University of Cincinnati, would a Cooters sign look tacky in our bedroom?

    Like

  10. How could anything named “Cooters” be tacky? It is the Chanel of signs. Go
    for it, Steve. And yes. Thanks for reminding Amy of my limits. Upload to
    Snapfish. Does she think I’m Bill Gates? (That was the only computer person
    I could think of.)
    On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 8:35 AM, wrote:

    Like

  11. “Oh crap! I could have told you about how I almost peed”….teehee I suppose it’s better than , “Oh pee! I could have told you about how I almost crapped”…

    Like

  12. My favorite number in the world is 33. But that’s because I’m from Boston and was obsessed with Larry Bird as a kid (and 33 was his number). I always thought because he is such a homely guy that I would have a shot at marrying a pro sports player because no other women would want him, and he would be mine. Nothing like shooting for the stars. But the number stuck, and it’s still my favorite. Go figure.

    Like

  13. What happened to the Bumpit? Did I miss something??? I’ve been anxiously awaiting to see how this thing works — or doesn’t.

    Like

  14. I ran around my house naked, Colleen, as my first Make June Do It. Are you
    one of the many hundreds of people who refuse to read me on Saturdays? I’ll
    probably do the Bumpit next Sat. That or I will do the Brazilian. Eeek.
    Also, I am sitting here at work, proofreading like I do, and I just realized
    I talk to myself when I find an error. I just heard myself say, “Oh,
    nonononononono!” (It was a double hypen issue. You understand.) Anyway, I am
    just wondering, how annoying am I to my coworkers?
    On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 10:54 AM, wrote:

    Like

  15. 21 is my number. That would be the date of my birth. Also, my mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and I were all born on May 21st. My great-grandfather also died on May 21st. Also, my name is Lindy and Charles Lindbergh completed the first transcontinental flight and landed in Paris on May 21st. They called him “Lucky Lindy”. Yep, 21 is my number.
    I would have 21 dogs if I could. But then I would be the crazy dog lady and it would be really difficult to meet my OCD cleaning standard. I’ve settled on three, which works because 3=2+1, which is kind of 21 and 3×7=21. Welcome to my world of thinking. How painfully obvious is it that I have OCD?

    Like

  16. I have a wonderful sign from my husband too. Mine says “Texaco Ahead” It’s huge and I adore it! I think it is about 50 years old and it has a ton of rust…you know me, I love anything old.
    33 is a good number. Mine is 6. Does everyone have a number they are fixated on?

    Like

  17. June, we really are. It’s bizarre. I’m a big birthday person and have always wanted the damn day to myself. I guess it could be worse; my best friend is born on Christmas Eve. She celebrates every year at church. Her 21st birthday really sucked.

    Like

  18. Hey! Just noticed something…is that a coyote-skin coat you are wearing at that exit wedding?? And are you eating a turkey sandwich and chips?

    Like

  19. Culpepper, I know my husband and I are obsessed, OBSESSED with the number 3. My life is filled with 3s and 17s, phone numbers, street addresses, birthdays, anniversaries and on we go…Also, we never set the alarm on an even number. EVER. Odd numbers are it for us!!
    So weird, I know!

    Like

  20. Steve and Hulk, you are like those old men up in the box seats on The Muppet
    Show. I’ll have you both know that is the Vera Wang *faux* fur shrug, which
    was all the rage this winter. I am certain you both know that.
    On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:47 PM, wrote:

    Like

  21. Who is over Hulk? And every time I mention that Vera Wang coat, Marvin has
    to say, “You mean my….wang?” Which is a line from Peggy Sue Got Married.
    That quotable film.
    On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 1:16 PM, wrote:

    Like

  22. “Whe..When…were you under me?”
    ~Ross, after hearing Rachel’s drunken phone message proclaiming she was “over” him.
    A quotable show, without a doubt…
    And seriously, I thought it WAS pronounced “wang”…how is it supposed to be pronounced???

    Like

  23. A) I swear to God, Hulk, I was trying to find my yogurt this morning (Marvin
    had put it in the crisper. THE CRISPER) and for some reason that “When were
    you UNDER me?” line popped into my head. You can see there was no reason for
    that line to pop into my head in that context, and we have officially become
    the same person. Other than the politics.
    B) It IS pronounced “wang.” Why do you think it isn’t?
    On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 1:43 PM, wrote:

    Like

  24. Do I need to start quoting random Friends quotes now? I barely even started on my Seinfeld quotes the other day.
    What were the names of the old men in the Muppet balcony? Those should be Hulk and Steve’s new names.

    Like

  25. I will need to be Statler due to the similar eyebrows.
    I am off to work now, Jan, I need to see if anyone from “my list of 5 celebrities” shows up at Target today.

    Like

  26. I can’t believe that no one else has commented on the azaleas! The pink next to the coral is truly dreadful. Please tell me you are taking steps to address that.
    Also, I’m a little confused – are you still working at the church or did you get a fancified job in the big city? Because I can’t imagine you doing a ton of proofreading at the church. But maybe I’m wrong about that. Please let me know where you are at. It helps me put your posts context in. (Just a little proofreader humor for you!)

    Like

  27. Juice, Did you not read me chronologically? Because you need to go back to
    March/April 2008, when we moved to Greensboro. You poor thing.
    On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 3:37 PM, wrote:

    Like

  28. I’m envious of your friend Paula. Back in the day, Heart was one of my favorite groups. Crazy on You still gets me up and dancing.

    Like

  29. Steve, er… Statler, I certainly hope you haven’t crossed Isabella Rosseillini off of your list. I heard she often frequents the Target.
    June and Hulk, I has so, so many pertinent things to comment to the two of you yesterday but it was a very busy day. At about 2:30am, after I made everyone’s lunches for today, I briefly thought about commenting but opted for bed instead. Oh the barbs I had ready for Hulk and the insightful, meaningful, validating, I’m Team June comments I had for June. Dang it. I missed my chance.
    I will close by simply stating (on one of yesterdays topics) that is part of the reason why I live in an almost 100 year old house.

    Like

  30. OH DEAR LORD. I just thought I had gone crazy. I am reading through the comments and I read one by Amy and it’s saying that I am from Boston and my favorite number is 33 and NONE OF THAT IS TRUE. So then I got scared and thought…am I a split personality?! And then it occured to me…APPARENTLY there is another AMY that is not me that is also posting. So to clarify…(does anyone even care) I am the Amy that’s not from Boston, that DID come up with the good suggestion for the zoo sign that is beyond June’s ability AND suggested that Ding Dongs (king dings, ringadoos, etc. which I know a lot about) be the official snackity treat of the book club. That is all.

    Like

  31. Awwwwwwwwwwww. I love how Lulu was totally Henry’s babysitter for awhile. Too cute.
    I hate that beauty salon name too… let’s get over it already.
    I knew someone who had a wedding in the church but then afterwards, in some outside photos, the photographer took a few pictures of them with a BIG HUGE BRIGHT RED STOP SIGN from across the street between the two of them. It was really something.
    And yes. They are now divorced.

    Like

  32. Hey Steve Statler! Feel free to make with the jokes about faux cat fur coats. I am rarely appropriate and quite often a social nightmare, so I’m hardly qualified to make those sort of judgments.
    I may glare at you until you cry, but how will you know?
    Can’t Marv gift you the delivery of the cool sign as a Christmas/birthday/Mother’s Day/Valentine’s/Groundhog Day present? Perhaps National Cheese Day?

    Like

  33. Hey Steve Statler! Feel free to make with the jokes about faux cat fur coats. I am rarely appropriate and quite often a social nightmare, so I’m hardly qualified to make those sort of judgments.
    I may glare at you until you cry, but how will you know?
    Can’t Marv gift you the delivery of the cool sign as a Christmas/birthday/Mother’s Day/Valentine’s/Groundhog Day present? Perhaps National Cheese Day?

    Like

  34. Hey Steve Statler! Feel free to make with the jokes about faux cat fur coats. I am rarely appropriate and quite often a social nightmare, so I’m hardly qualified to make those sort of judgments.
    I may glare at you until you cry, but how will you know?
    Can’t Marv gift you the delivery of the cool sign as a Christmas/birthday/Mother’s Day/Valentine’s/Groundhog Day present? Perhaps National Cheese Day?

    Like

  35. Jan- nice subtle Friends reference… you see, Ross had Isabella Rosalini (sp?) on his ‘list’ but took her off b/c she was foreign… replaced her with…. wait let me google it….Dorothy Hammill… because of the way she spins on the ice. wow. just wow. so, then of course, inevitably, Isabella shows up at Central Perk and he tells her all about his list and she asks to see it, at which point he has to admit he had to take her off b/c she was less likely geographically’ to which she responds: You know, it’s ironic. Because I have a list of five goofy coffee house guys and yesterday I just bumped you for that guy over there.
    there’s my random contribution for the day.

    Like

  36. Oh! I just had to go on my computer to comment. June, I’ve been reading your blog for ages, but on my mobile,and I cant comment from it? So I suppose I’m a lurker. How do you say it? Bwahahaha. Even when you write about nothing its funny. Loved Kathie’s comment. Actually I love reading the comments too…Makes me think of when Oprah goes off air and you can join in after the show on the net. By the by, I’m on the other side of the world in South Africa. Ok enough already. Can’t wait for tomorrows edition.

    Like

  37. Ooo, South Africa! I think you are my first official South African reader.
    Well, technically that ‘s not true, as I have a friend from there, but she
    lives here now. But you’re the first one THERE who I know is reading me. I
    feel so General Foods International Coffees right now.
    On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 3:29 AM, wrote:

    Like

  38. @ Steve…. am dying laughing! Speaking of dying… I’ve never heard of “Curl Up and Dye”. How sheltered am I?
    Cooters!!! OMG… will be chuckling all day. How do you sit at work and get these comments and STILL GET TO KEEP YOUR JOB because certainly you must be laughing out loud.
    My number is 55. Or sometimes 5 and 5.

    Like

Comments are closed.