First and foremost, here is my Christmas mug of the day. Du jour of the day. When I waitressed, I used to love it when people asked what the soup du jour of the day was. I never felt superior or anything. It's hard to feel superior in a brown polyester dress that zips up the front, but I managed it.

Henryhaslicensetokill

That stupid Michigan license plate really showed up, didn't it? When Marvin and I first moved in together and he was getting the cow for free, I had to explain to him why license plates in the living room weren't gonna work. It was kind of like that scene in When Harry Met Sally where Carrie Fisher makes Bruno Kirby throw out the wagon wheel coffee table.

"I want you to know, that I will never want that wagon wheel coffee table."

I should have required films that you must view before reading this blog. That one, Annie Hall, It's a Wonderful Life and Arthur. That way, at least you'll know what I'm talking about half the time.

There are many things I wish to cover today, and all of them must be brief, because not only did I get a migraine yesterday which seriously hampered how many pages I proofread and now I have to catch up and because I'm gonna READ so much you know I'll get another one, I also have to go to the post office.

Which, remember how I was gonna complain about my Friday two Fridays ago? One of the things I was gonna tell you is that I had to go to the post office that day and the man in front of me, who had JUST KVETCHED to me about how long the line was, bought a $278 money order IN QUARTERS. I am not making this up. QUARTERS. And he COUNTED them all. "One, twooo…"

So I'm really looking forward to returning there, and given that Christmas is in 11 days I am certain it will not be ludicrous or anything. And they have ONE EMPLOYEE working there. He's the nicest guy. Maybe I should bring him something today. Like a gun. Or, you know, cookies.

Okay, so I really have to go. I have an idea. Why don't I list for you all the things I need to discuss and you can remind me. And I always tell you guys to remind me and instead what you do is you DON'T remind me and then you complain six months later that you never heard about the whooandsoo that YOU NEVER REMINDED ME ABOUT. Geez, I ask for one tiny favor.

Here're topics I need to discuss when there's more time:

1. What was wrong with Oprah's left eye yesterday in the special where she interviewed the Obamas?

2. Did Stedman hit her? I doubt he'd mess with that money train. Did Gayle? Did she get pinkeye from letting her friend pierce her nose, because that's how my friend got pinkeye. Okay, see, instead of a list I am instead starting to discuss Oprah's eye and that's not what I wanted to do.

3. Oprah asked the Obamas an interesting question. She asked what their favorite Christmas gift was. I think we should discuss our favorites at a later date. Good blog topic.

70sjune
4. We need to discuss the part where I played with my makeup and did a 70s June look.

5. Good deeds. I have to list all your good deeds you've done so far and then link to you and the thought of starting this task sounds worse than standing behind Mr. 278 x 4 quarters.

6. I want to do a little survey of all of you. Ask you questions about this blog, how you came to it, what you like about it, that sort of thing.

Everyonescute
7. My pets are cute. This was yesterday when I had the migraine. They like it when I'm in bed all day. And yes, sometimes I try to bring Francis in and he immediately waddles back to his pink chair, quite kerfuffled about being moved. Poor Fran.

8. I have to tell you how I am not the alpha in this pack. Nor is Marvin. I think you can guess who is. She is staring at you in Personal Growth, up there. See? That wasn't funny unless you've seen When Harry Met Sally.

Okay. Off to begin all these tasks. I also have to wrap Marvin's gifts, because he keeps finding reasons to walk into my closet, a place he has never found remotely interesting before, and one of his gifts is three feet tall so it's getting hard to hide. Yes, I did get Marvin an Oompa Loompa. Who doesn't want a preachy short orange person around? I mean, other than Henry.

Okay, bye.

52 thoughts on “I want you to know. I will NEVER be organized about my blog topics

1. Hulk says:

You, my friend, are a wuss. Part wimp, and part pussy.
    Yeah, I come here for the strudel. It’s great.
    Just be glad I got fast reflexes.
    Well make up your mind, dude-is he gonna shit or is he gonna kill us?
    Hey! There’s no birthday party in here for me.
    Doesn’t anybody ever fucking KNOCK anymore??

2. June Gardens says:

Mine says that on the bottom of the picture, Uber! Or maybe it reads, Cant you talk.

3. UberLurker says:

Dear June,
    I have that same print that is hanging there on your bedroom wall above the kids. I thought you might like to know it is called, “Don’t You Talk”. Random, I know.

4. you nin cow poop lauren says:

someone has quoted princess bride thinking it was when harry met sally. my family quotes movie lines all the time – and warner brother cartoons. i know. but it’s actually hilarious being that two of my family members are now teens/young adults. it’s like we have a language all of our own.
    love the hen.

5. We tend to quote Seinfeld here Chez Beet.
    “I had a pony. We ALL had ponies! He was a BEAUTIFUL pony, and I loved him!”
    That sort of thing.
    Hey, it’s -22C outside here today. Except it’s so warm in my apartment (The People’s Heat) that I’m wearing short sleeves and pajama pants. And I’m still sweating. But maybe that’s a Hot Flash.
    It could be.

6. I will never, ever get sick of seeing pics of your menagerie. I love them all but that Hen-Hen has quite the little whirling dervish face on, doesn’t he? Doesn’t little Henny Penny?

7. pendy says:

If you want to go ahead and record my good deed, which I am doing as a gift to my never-before-seen-friend-and-June-partner, Jess from Florida, I will go ahead and tell you.
    Every single time I am in line during this month, I have been / will let the person behind me go first. Not quite up there with saving the world, but it does make people happy. Especially at WalMart.

8. Jan~ who swoons when she is at Wrigley Field on the same day as her soon-to-be husband, John Cusack. says:

Sorry, June, I don’t have a dime.
    It has raisins in it, you like raisins.
    A car is not a toy, Lane Meyer.

9. Amber says:

I like your 1970s eye makeup. It makes your eyes look really blue. It’s the shimmer I think.

10. Krista says:

I love the quotes from When Harry Met Sally. I may like any Annie Hall quotes you throw out there, but I won’t recognize them. I still haven’t seen that movie! And also? I don’t think I ever left a comment about this, but when I had to go to St. Louis about a month ago for a work conference, I left our laptop at home. I asked my husband to read your blog to me over the phone each day that I was gone. Who is slightly addicted to the Bye Bye Pie? And isn’t he a great husband to do that for me?

11. June and her stupid stupid stupid head says:

Duffylou,
    I have been to neurologists, accupuncturists, biofeedback-ists, to yoga, meditation, I’ve listened to Dr. Andrew Weil, I keep track of what triggers them, and the thing that has worked for me is good old American drugs. Go, drugs!
    Being on Topamax really helped. I used to get nine migraines a month and now I get two or three. I guess I have to live with that. I assume they will dissapate after menopause, as they are often hormone-related.
    But do email me and tell me what you do. My email is on the right column of my blog.

12. June, not sure what type of specialist you might be going to for your migraines or the type of treatment. I am extremely fortunate to live near the Cleveland Clinic. Both my neurologist and neurosurgeon practice here. I had to search for 20 futile years before I found the procedures these doctors utilize today that make my migraines manageable. If you’d like more info, drop me a line.

13. June Gardens says:

Also Jan, Im real sorry your mom blew up.

14. June Gardens says:

Jan,

I want my two dollars!

15. Jan~ who would JUMP at the chance to meet John Cusack, live and in person. says:

I heart Fast Times at Ridgemont High. I feel highly (heh) superior when I quote it around people who haven’t seen it.
    Also one of the best movies of.all.time??? Better of Dead with my good friend and soon to be lover, John Cusack. HIlarious.
    And dying when you’re not really sick is really sick, you know. Really!
    I have been going to this high school for 7 and a half years. I’m no dummy. I know high school girls.

16. Lee.. says:

Unlike my sister, thatis NOT my favorite mug. It is too skinny. And the handle is too skinny. It looks like it might be a light mug too. I like me a hefty mug o’ joe.
    DAWN back in Houston ~ Almond Butter Buckeye recipe, please!

17. June Gardens says:

Your friend is correct about these movies. This person is my new best friend.

18. Cyndi says:

Arthur is on my Tivo. My friend Deeds had a heart attack about the “necessary” movies I have not watched, so I tivo’d it so she’d stay friends with me. Also on that list:
    St. Elmo’s Fire
    Friday
    Fast Times at Ridgemont High

19. Sandra says:

Hey Cosmo’s Dad, I think I am your partner for the RAK. I have just been so amazed by all your randomness and kindness and general awesomeness that I stayed in hiding. I posted my RAOK yesterday in the comments, but it is not nearly anything as cool as the dog treats. How do you come up with this stuff? I guess I will have to really think about a RAK to outdo you. Any suggestions? Oh, and ifyou want to call me Sharon, that is fine too.

20. Cosmo's Dad digging treats that are tasty for all says:

Fur G-mom, sweet! Yeah F%%%! Anywho, where is my Sharon, hey sharon-er my partner of of RAKness. Picture this as Sophia Petrillo would say..”went to Petco, needed dogfood, went to the biscuit bar, bought an extra bag doggie delights, went to the drive-thru bank, gave them to my favorite teller for others who bank with their ever so happy doggers”.
    And June its not about the cow but the herd.

21. How do you keep getting Henry to mug for the camera?
    *rim shot*

22. How do you keep getting Henry to mug for the camera?
    *rim shot*

23. How do you keep getting Henry to mug for the camera?
    *rim shot*

24. Jan says:

That is my favorite of the Christmas mugs thus far. Looking forward to tomorrow’s mug.

25. June Gardens says:

Linda, that was not the dining room. It was the computer room. And yes, that line is from When Harry Met Sally, cause, you know, we were talking about that movie. What else did you ask? Oh, yes, I will take another picture of that picture.

26. June Gardens says:

No, Deb, I had them before I was a proofer.

27. I can totally relate to the spouting lines from the movies thingy. I am bad to quote lines from Blazing Saddles (he is the leading a**hole in the state) Young Frankenstein (He vas my boyfriend). A related personal problem is quoting obscure song lyrics, but I am trying to wean myself off them.

Just a few questions…
    So licence plates don’t work in the living room but do in the dining room?
    Could you please show us the rest of the picture on the wall in your bedroom? I think I love it.
    Is the Sheldon line from When Harry Met Sally? I think I’ll watch it again to find out. The only line from a movie I can reliably remember is “My name Inigo Montoya. You kill my father. Prepare to die.” and that only because he says it so many times.
    Thanks for the Hen-mug picture. Very cool.

29. deb stone says:

June- did you get migraines before you became a proof reader – in other words – are they caused by strain on the eye or are they simply not caused by anything? I’m not being cheeky, I’m really wondering.

30. June Gardens says:

In my case, it was the cow. Definitely the cow.

31. Milk – he was getting the milk for free, not the cow.

32. Jessica S says:

I have a required movie list in order to date me. Otherwise you just won’t be able to communicate with effectively.

33. My Rottie/Pitt, (may be Boxer), mix and my Chihuahua mix sleep on the same round dog bed cuddled together. They are quite the pair especially since (because) Trixie the Chihuahua, a breeding mommy, just came to us this year from the puppy mill and we’ve had Tahoe for 4 years. It’s very heart warming.

34. Cosmo's Dad now wearing a bag on my head says:

Ahhhh Junie… now all I can picture is the big O and or Barack drooling on each other. Its not right, just not. Needing a large brain scouring Q-tip now.

35. Gladys says:

now see I am usually Mrs. 278.68 in change at the counter. Kahuna drags his pillow case full of pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters to the counter and I hide under the mail sorting counter.

36. June Gardens says:

Cosmoss dad, were you worried theyd cook Oprah right up? You tol Obama to eat me. All my life Ive had to fight…

37. Cosmo's Dad reads cuz June's my daily chuckler says:

Yah what was with the winky Oprah? I was a little concerned about her legs looking very hammish and open toed shoes in December at the White House not good.
    I found your blog from reading Gladys, she one funny one too.
    Does Talu tuck her paws under when she sleeps? Mine do maybe its a boxer thing.

38. Glad she liked the Buckeyes! I have a new recipe for this year: they’re Almond Butter Buckeyes nd they have rum in them. They must be awesome! How bad can anything be if it has rum in it?

39. DB in MD says:

Love the Christmas mug posts. It’s like a mini-series starring Henry.

40. Hulk says:

“Abu Dhabi”…ironically that was what she was consistantly babbling as she bounced off the walls on her sugar buzz after we made your Buckeyes, Dawn.
    “abudhabiabudhabiabudhabiabudhabiKNOCK IT OOOOOOOOOOOOOFF!!”

41. Nice mug!
    …and the coffee cup is cute, too.
    Nothing says wintertime like those three snuggled on the bed together.
    Survey? You bet, I love ’em.
    Good deeds? I’m RAoKin and rollin! Check my blog to see what I’ve done now: http://www.heiferyung.com/
    And tell Hulkette that a lady in Abu Dhabi read June and saw her famous dog. But now that lady is back in Austin, which isn’t that exciting, except for the part where it was 71° yesterday and I ran around in my Christmas flip flops.

42. Please don’t ask me so many questions before i’ve had even one coffee
    😛

43. June Gardens says:

Ride me big Shelllldon…

44. Paula, H&B says:

“It’s his name. Sheldon can do your taxes or a root canal. Sheldon is not for the humping and pumping. ‘Do it to me, Sheldon. You’re an animal, Sheldon.'”

45. Paula, H&B says:

46. Paula, H&B says:

47. Hulk says:

I know, I know…that’s Japanese. Whaddya want-she’s eight! Taken in context, that was damn funny.

48. d-lou says:

That picture of Henry sleeping looks like my beloved handsome mancat Kroske. RIP Kroske. Also, I was going to mention the BUSIEST day of the year at the post office, but mrspeedyjohnnyonthesponthulk who must be glued to this blog beat me to it!

49. Hulk says:

Random topics…
    ~How come those are the only two lines you ever quote from “When Harry Met Sally”? What about, “You made a woman meow??”
    ~I heard on the radio that today is supposed to be THE busiest postal day this year, and the busiest day in the history of FedEx. See what I did there?
    ~C’mon…counted out EACH quarter??
    ~I used to play ball with a bunch of postal workers. One day I stopped for lunch at a fast food joint, and saw a teammate in there eating with some of his co-workers. I walked up to their table to say hi, and said, “Man-I saw all those postal vehicles out there and thought there was a gun convention going on in here.” They all stopped smiling and talking, as my buddy said, “We don’t joke about that.” Uh-HUH…
    ~Got Marvin an Oompa Loompa…out of all the possible gifts in the world that are three feet tall, how did you come up with THAT?? “…preachy orange person around…” Awesome.
    ~Hulkette finally came down from her sugar buzz and saw me reading this yesterday. I showed her the pic of you and Mom at halloween, with your mom holding her little dog. I told her her dog was famous now, as people all over the world read this. She said, “Do people in China read it?” I told her that I wasn’t sure, but maybe. And she said-I swear-“Konichiwa.” and did the hands thing and the bow. “And the 2020 Best Actress Academy Award goes to…”

50. Love the Christmas mug. Very festive.
    And I would be so sad if you ever really organized your blog topics. That so not very June-y.
    Happy MOnday!

51. Lindy says:

Ack! No question mark after a question! Sorry about that.

52. Lindy says:

Does Lula tuck her nose underneath the covers when she curls up in a little ball. My dogs do. I love little curled up balls of puppy. I also like the look on Lula’s face, it says something like “move me and I’ll cut you.” Or maybe that’s just my dogs.