21 thoughts on “Book Club Book

1. Sadie likes to turn pages while reading books...unless I'm on a road trip and then it's recorded books. says:

I checked Three Dog Life out of my local library yesterday and began reading it last night. As long as I am here on the 31st, I’ll join in your book club for the first time.

2. Letha says:

Am I the only one who still reads BOOKS with turning pages? Anyway, I have ordered the BOOK. Ack, I will be out of town on 7/31, but will do my best to tune in. OR, you may all be spared my inarticulate comments.

3. Three Dog Life, I will be getting that on my Kindle tout suite!
    PJ, I also read the Room and it was chilling. And no offense meant to Siren but I thought of her while I was reading it. It was a really good book.
    Looking forward to reading the Life of Three dogs!

4. HB says:

It is a great book – maybe I’ll join the discussion..

5. GardenGirl ......sent from my pretentious Macbook Air. Yet I'll borrow the book at the library, NOT buy it. Don't want to cut into my Starbucks budget just to read. says:

Okay, Okay. I finally googled the book and I’m going to give it a try. If it’s too sad, though, I’ll drop it like a hot potato. Just sayin’. If I want to be depressed I can watch the evening news. Love the cover. : )
    And still no Hulk? Geez, we worry here, Hulk!

6. GardenGirl ......sent from my pretentious Macbook Air. Yet I'll borrow the book at the library, NOT buy it. Don't want to cut into my Starbucks budget just to read. says:

And still no Hulk? Geez, we worry here, Hulk!

7. GardenGirl ......sent from my pretentious Macbook Air. Yet I'll borrow the book at the library, NOT buy it. Don't want to cut into my Starbucks budget just to read. says:

And still no Hulk? Geez, we worry here, Hulk!

8. Suzanne says:

Good choice!!

9. PJ who is saying don't say I didn't warn you. Just saying...(didn't somebody hate that?) says:

Yesterday or so Siren mentioned The Room. It is exceptionally well done as an audio book (unabridged). That is the way I experienced it and that is the only word for it.
    It left me feeling creepy and upset for weeks but I couldn’t stop going back to listen to see how it ended.

10. PJ who is saying don't say I didn't warn you. Just saying...(didn't somebody hate that?) says:

11. PJ who is saying don't say I didn't warn you. Just saying...(didn't somebody hate that?) says:

12. Kim from Ohio says:

Carol from Bama- My thoughts exactly! My copy is floating through cyberspace to my Kindle too. No dogs are allowed to die in books we read on June’s blog.

13. Carol from Bama who hates it when a person dies in a book or movie but has a complete meltdown when an animal does says:

Winging it’s way to my Kindle even now. The dogs better not die in the end!

14. This has been on my to read list for ages. Maybe I’ll actually make it to book club this time!

15. This has been on my to read list for ages. Maybe I’ll actually make it to book club this time!

16. This has been on my to read list for ages. Maybe I’ll actually make it to book club this time!

17. PJ who is very fortunate to have had only a two dog life. says:

Good choice. Have read it and will reread it.

18. Tanya, crushing on bald dudes since long before bald became fashionable says:

I read this earlier this year and LOVED it. Looking forward to the discussion.
    I also love the “JUNE HAS SPOKEN”. I use “So let it be written, so let it be DONE” a ala Yul Brynner in The Ten Commandments. I like to channel YB when I need to be a definitive hard ass and/or project confidence that I don’t necessarily feel.

19. you forgot to say “dammit.” 🙂

20. K-blo says:

Okay. I just reserved it from my library. This time I’m coming to book club prepared!