“My new ThreadUp is in,” announced my boss, whose office is right next to my desk. What a pleasure that must be, to have to pass The Many Moods of June each time you go to your office.

My boss used to get boxes of StitchFix clothes for us to vote on, but now she gets ThreadUp, which is the same idea except someone vomits clothes into a shipping box.

I think the point of ThreadUp is these are consignment clothes, so it’s cheaper than StitchFix. Anyway, she modeled her threads for me, and now it’s time to vote on them. Let’s not hesitate a moment longer. I don’t want you to get thread up with me. I’ll give you a moment to get needle and …thread, so you can stitchfix your sides.

Let’s face it: My boss is just a likable person. I mean, doesn’t she just look like someone who’s easy to get along with? She is. Anyway, I liked that sweater, and she was on the sweater fence about it. The back is sheer, which I guess we didn’t capture on film. It’s that whole floral material in the back. Let’s vote.

Next up are some Daisy Duke shorts and a…remember the Elias Brother’s Big Boy’s girlfriend Dolly? I picture Dolly wearing this shirt.

Before she tried it on, I said, “This ruffly shirt might be cute.” “Or it might be awful,” she said.

“That ruffled collar looks like everyone’s outfit in 9th grade,” I said helpfully. Turns out it’s a fancy resort brand, which just goes to show you I’m unsophisticated.

“Oh, I like that cream wrap!” I said. “That’s mine already,” she said.

That sums up this month’s clothing selection, so vote now and make your voice heard. Votes for women! Rock the vote! That’s all the vote things I can think of right now.

Pollingly,

48 thoughts on “Vote on what June’s boss should wear

1. Joy says:

I love the way you phrase each choice. You are hilarious, June!

2. Tricia says:

This is so much fun! I saw myself in a mirror while I was out shopping for my son’s birthday present today and realized that I look like a good candidate for “What Not to Wear.” I am not aging gracefully and don’t know what the hell to do about it. Maybe Thread/Thred Up is the answer? Or a time machine?

Every time I walk into the grocery store, they have a little TV that shows you walking in. Every time I go, as soon as that fat-ass middle-aged woman goes past, I should be on the screen. And then I realize the fat-assed middle-aged woman is staring at the screen back at me.

3. The Poet says:

Not taken with the pink top, but if it makes her laugh like that every time, worth it.

4. Kymberly says:

Is that who we have to thank for thrift largesse?

5. L.in CA says:

That was fun!

6. MizRobyn says:

I’m not usually a skirt person, but I hope she keeps the paisley skirt – it’s fantastic!

1. pendy says:

Very cute, although I think it needs to be a little shorter.

7. Gigi Rambles says:

In addition to the thousand other responses about the white top…love it but worry if it would always need ironing and it’s a tad sheer for my liking…if she were to wear it with a camisole and deal with the ironing/dry cleaning, then I’d say buy it.

Now…tell us what she decided to keep!

8. Beth from the woods says:

Thanks to your lovely boss for sharing her choices. That was fun.
    I don’t buy new clothes unless they are cheap cheap and look good.
    I am more on the side of buying something pre owned.
    Seems like there are a lot of ruffles around…are they in style now?

1. Gigi Rambles says:

Yup, ruffles (particularly on sleeves) are the trend right now.

9. So many votes!

Who are all you non-commenters?

I once heard if you get 10% of your readers to comment it’s a miracle.

I’m so glad to see the kinds of things Thred Up offers. I’ll check it out for myself! Boss has cute kneecaps, so she should play that up and go for the shorts and short skirts. Rock out with yer kneecaps out!

11. Shelley B says:

Was anyone else hoping they got the right answer when they clicked vote? For the record, I only got two wrong – the gray tank (too expensive, you can find one for half the price at Target) and the white ruffle top (all it needs is ironing and a different bra underneath and it’d be perfect). This was so fun and I love your boss for doing this and I love the way you worded the yes/no vote options.

1. Yes i was totally doing this. I got a couple wrong.

Hope she keeps the paisley skirt. That was my favorite.

13. These prices are amazing! Thanks to your boss for letting us play along.

Thanks June’s Boss! This was fun!

Lovely post, lovely June!

15. Nicole says:

The plaid shirt with the ruffled neckline might look cute, might not, but it’s hard to tell because the ruffle is so squashed. I don’t own a functional iron (I still own the one that leaked everywhere) but these clothes irritated me. I guess maybe I need to buy a working iron.

16. Thanks to your boss for letting us play along as stylists for the day. So fun.

17. banne4 says:

Your boss seems like a super positive and very kind and friendly person! I think you are lucky to work for someone like this – so willing to expose herself to critiques… very cool lady!

18. teesmithii says:

Your boss is so cute! And brave for modeling her clothes. All those wrinkles! On my goodness, do they just cram the clothing into a box and ship it? Looks like a bit of proper folding/packing would help, because WHO is going to iron clothes before trying them on? Well, maybe Paula.
    Tee

19. Kira Martin says:

The final outfit is adorable! Unfortunately, your boss looks like she’s lost the will to live, but still adorable! I covet her wrap.

20. Helen says:

I do feel like the ThreadUp is way more wrinkly (than the StitchFix) and needs to be IronedUp but the clothes are way better priced. That blue paisley skirt is my favorite!

21. Sharon share alike says:

The blue paisley skirt. Love.

I also love the blue paisley skirt. Thank you to your cute boss for modeling and letting us vote.

22. Ernie @ nosmallfeetblog.com says:

Oh, this is so fun. I am hoping to clean out my closet soon (keep prioritizing other things first but getting ready to go out of town and I cannot find a favorite pair of black capris! Grrr) and I would benefit from this service in a keep it or toss it way. Plus I just bought a dress that is really cute but totally fitted. Looks fine, but not really the way I roll.

Anyway, I am a heathen so the wrinkles did not bother me. I liked the skirts the most and I like that you have such a fun boss! I would consider ditching the home daycare gig, if I had a cool, normal boss!

23. Jeanie Herkomer says:

I really like the blue paisley skirt.

24. Barbara says:

This is so much fun! I like these clothes better than Stitch Fix.

25. Katie says:

I love outfit review posts! Thanks to your boss!

26. DB in MD says:

I love the skirts most of all. Your boss has great legs!

27. Persephone says:

The blouse/skirt outfits are on point! Yes, Boss needs to wear the white top with a nude brasserie/camisole and steam press – that would be perfect! I love to pair a skirt with either a white/off white or black top – such a crisp look. Shorts look good on her and are a practical purchase. She’s a brave woman to let us vote on her outfits – tell her thank you.

1. amarabray says:

Yes I wanted to say that too. I like that blouse otherwise.

OH MY GOD, GET ME AN IRON.

Poor Paula. This site is not good for her health.

2. 1madgirl says:

I thought I was hearing my echo but it was you I could hear all the way down here.

29. Pam not that Pam says:

Not in love with the tops but the skirts are cute!
    (and bc I am annoying, I think it’s ThredUp? Bc I’ve sold clothes there, but never bought…)

Also, I love these try-ons with your boss, who’s a normal woman in a normal size. 🙂

Oh, is it? Why, though? What a dumb name.

30. Kristi says:

I think a skin color bra (might be beige or a pale pink) would make the white shirt perfect. And a little steam press would have made everything look way better! Cute options!

31. Mel says:

I like the white top. It simply needs a proper camisole underneath. She’s so cute! I enjoy voting on her clothes.

32. Mother says:

I like all these outfits better than StitchFix. I love shopping at consignment and second hand stores, especially in affluent towns, but even here in Saginaw I have found some cool things. I learned to shop this way from Cousin Katie.

1. VBKaren says:

I was just in our local Goodwill and they had cute, stylish, name brand, shorts for $4! I love thrift stores, too.
      I didn’t realize ThredUp was consignment. The prices were really reasonable on some of her choices. I can’t wait to see what she chooses to keep.

1. Geeky Girl with Glasses says:

Last time I went into Goodwill (about a month ago) I walked out (well, I paid for it, then walked out) with some white straight leg Ralph Lauren jeans for $7 and some cute and comfortable jeans from Talbots for $4. Not long ago, I scored a pair of Chicos pants fro $5 – they are the softest, most comfortable pants I’ve ever worn. All of these finds were practically brand new – no tags, but look like they’d never been worn. Thank you Marie Kondo for inspiring lots of rich women to clean out their closets!

33. Faithful Reader Tammy says:

So fun! Maybe a camisole under the white blouse then it wouldn’t be all “here’s m’ bra!” Great prices on ThreadUp! I thought all those types of mail order clothing were expensive…good to know there are reasonable options out there.

Oh what fun! I’m glad you didn’t say “that cream wrap has got to go!” and then learn it already belonged to Boss Fmr now Boss Again. It really makes that last outfit for sure. The blue skirt is perfect – not necessarily with that top, but it’s in the right direction. The tan shorts are cute – Boss has nice legs! The rest was just meh. The prices are surely right though.

Thanks for sharing!

35. gopg8r says:

The white shirt would be cute with a nude bra under it! Your boss is so great to do this!! Also, I’d keep the shorts if she needs them! They look good on her and are a good price.

…everyone staring at boss’s bra. You’re right though! The right bra would distract less from the top.