I’ve decided I’ve been phoning in my appearance, with the lack of Botox and fillers, and my dumb hair, and especially with my clothes. Hello, same things year after year. So I revamped my Stitch Fix (SF) membership, a thing you should be familiar with as we usually delight in voting on the SF outfits that come to my boss. But she has put her SF membership on hold so it’s up to me to take the reins, apparently.

These and other horse refs hoofing your way as I welcome you to the “Yay or Neigh on June’s Stitch Fix Roundup.”

If you AREN’T familiar, SF is a subscription service where they send you clothes and you decide to keep them or return them in a huff. You can help me decide on that, right here in this blog.

The advantage my boss had is that (a) she gets to be my boss WHAT A REWARD and (2), she had me to photograph her when her SF box came to the office. Seeing as I live alone, except for with pets and they have no thumbs, I had to improvise by placing my phone on my kitten scale, then setting the timer.

Here is a photo of me before I tried everything on, in my regular outfit, so we have some idea who we’re dealing with. The silhouette we have, so to speak.

Kidding. But her hair is magnificent.

Do you find it sad that I posed like a mannequin alone in my kitchen in front of my kitten scale? That’s because you don’t know the meaning of fun.

All right. Here’s our first item up for judgement. Please keep in mind I requested everything be machine washable.

This is the Whitley Striped Open Cardigan. Here it is from the back.

You see that I began putting away all my Christmas cards and then lost interest, a trait my old college roommate Sandy can tell you dates back to at least 1989.

Let’s vote!

Next up, another sweater! Will the unpredictability ever end?

I know this looks like a careful art pose but really I noticed that counter needed wiping.

Just to shake things up a tad, let’s get into my jeans. I’ve NO idea what these poses are meant to do.

I guess I didn’t step far enough away from the camera, but they go all the way down to the ankle. In case that affects your decision-making. [From the movie Arthur. Burt: “I never drink. I think drinking affects your decision-making.” Arthur: “You may be right. I can’t decide.”]

Let’s move on to a pink top that we will assume won’t normally be worn with my black bra.

I think really the best part of me are my yes-or-no lines on these polls. I was born to write these.

Finally, they sent me a purse. I’m pretending to hail a cab, what with all the cab hailing I do here in Greensboro. You can also see the jeans again.

Here are its guts.

Please vote at some point before tomorrow morning when I have to send these items back or keep them forever like my grandmother’s dance card.

Thank you for your participation in this pressing matter. Thanks for fixing my stitch.

I love this thread,

61 thoughts on “Vote on June's Stitch Fix

1. cheech1000 says:

I have a pair of boots that will perfectly match the purse, so just send it to me.

2. Allison says:

You looked great in everything, but I just didn’t like the items – too trendy and I wasn’t convinced they were good quality. And pricey!

3. Kymberly says:

The vote on the pink sweater is a travesty. I say this as a hetero female but the wrap on that makes your ass look like straight 🔥.

I demand a recount.

4. boomersmommasmomma says:

Those clothes are pricey, or is it just me? They look good on you but I wasn’t crazy about the jeans. And the purse although I like it, you can get a nicer one for that price. This was fun.

5. melvie says:

This was fun! Love voting for your clothes. I did Stitch Fit for a bit, kept a couple things, mostly accessories, I’m cheap though, so most of the clothes I sent back. I AM interested in jeans if they are as good as a lot of you suggest!!

I’m curious to know if the things they sent truly are machine-washable. I did Stitch Fix a few years ago and most of the things they sent were hand wash even though I said only machine wash.

BeeBelle

7. L. in CA says:

Hi June. That was fun. You looked especially cute in the first cardigan.

8. Beige says:

It’s so much easier watching someone try new clothes than doing it myself. This was fun!

9. Danna says:

This was fun! Thanks for letting us in on it.

10. Capelover says:

Thanks for letting us vote. I am one of the few that didn’t care for the jeans. Loved the cardigan but not the blocked sweater. It’s strange how our opinions differ. I totally missed the prices though. That was fun!

The prices are in the title of each voting box.

1. Gigi Rambles says:

There were prices listed?!
        This was fun. I like picking out other people’s clothes.

This is a lot of fun. The majority agreed with my opinions which made me feel good, something I care little about personally but my body is harder to work with. I like living vicariously through you and yours. I liked the blush sweater but it’s way too big on you. You do need clothes that color. I really enjoy that subdued pink. Things look so good on your work out reward body, especially those jeans. You must have them!

Forgot to mention, but I expected to see your floating head in the black and white photo of your supposed before look. (New readers have no idea what I’m talking about.)

13. Nicole says:

The pink top seemed too big for you. Likewise, that purse seemed more of a weekend bag. The jeans are great, though!

I never (okay, rarely) do this, but I looked at today’s stats out of curiosity. 1,249 people have been here so far and about 300 have voted. I wonder what would make someone NOT vote.

1. Heather says:

I opened the post at work earlier and then had to close the page to take a call (stupid work getting in the way of my internet time). So I probably showed as one of those that didn’t vote. I have now, though.

2. Brooke says:

I just voted, but only on three things. The rest of them are…..fine. No strong feelings one way or another.

Now that I voted on everything, I’ll wear my “I voted” sticker I get at the polls. My favorite is your own black outfit. I didn’t even see the price so only voted based on what I thought looked flattering. Sorry, but I don’t think the color-block or pink top’s shape or thin material do anything for you and the purse’s size is overwhelming. All I’d see is a walking purse. These are my opinions so you can ignore them at will.

16. Chrissy says:

I loved the open cardigan and jeans on you best! ❤️

17. Beth from the woods says:

By the way, LOOK AT THAT NEW BODY!

Absolutely. The flattering Jean’s and open sweater are a reward for the work outside.

18. Carolina says:

I love everything. Purses are so personal but I pictured it as going well with the pink top.

19. Kate says:

This was fun! I voted no on the color block sweater and purse only because I thought they were too expensive. You could totally find similar for like, $16.99 at TJ Maxx. But every item looks good on you!!!

20. ‘Jordache’. Genuis. I probably said yes to too much. To clarify, I liked the pink sweater from the rear angle. I think my only objection to the front is the weird pose- hard to get an idea of how it would actually look cause I am guessing you don’t stand like that often. Plus the black bra was distracting. I HATE open cardigans. I need a closure so I don’t feel the need to hold it closed. If you like thst sort of thing- well it looked good. I am with the other commenter who asked if the jeans were comfy. The block sweater looked nice. Purse- too big for you. I did not take price into consideration because I figure if you are asking us, then you are willing to pay thise prices. I am a sale shopper to the extreme, so I would not pay full price for that stuff.

Loved your descriptive voting lines!

21. HelloMulligan says:

That was fun! I do love the randomness of the clothing – also your poll – hilarious you have the one liner talent.

My favorite is the pink sweater! I think overall they did well. Nothing looked bad!

I think you do more for the clothing than the clothing items do for you. Sorry, but I think these clothes are extremely overpriced.

24. Jeanie Herkomer says:

Thanks for letting me help dress you, Joon, even though my opinion differs from most. I’m also too cheap, and I felt like everything was overpriced. Is that purse leather? A big No if not.

25. Joan in NV says:

That was fun! I did SF and kept a few things, then it all went to blech, so I quit. The trying on was fun, though.

26. 1madgirl says:

That was fun. No to the gray purse because you are way too cool, flashy, and fun to wear a big rain cloud handbag. You deserve pizazz!

Ha! That is exactly how I feel about a lot of gray items says the woman who has given in to the gray clothing trend and bought big, flashy gray and black picture jasper earrings on Saturday.

I didn’t see prices anywhere but I voted on everything because I love sharing my opinion, and also you’re voting ballots would bring all the old men to the polls!

your. ugh

after you vote, the price is no longer there.

If you click Return to Poll, you’re back to the original poll and you can see it again.

1. Beth from the woods says:

yep, i figured that out as well.
            I do like these polls because I like seeing you in different clothes for a vote.
            You are a hoot. I am not at all complaining…just on the dumb side today.
            You do your thing, I will try to do mine.
            I enjoy whatever you decide to do , because I like your style.
            I think we all do or we wouldn’t be here. Be patient with us and don’t give up.

1. Beth from the woods says:

I’m on the dumb side today , not you, I will shut up now.

Note to anyone who doesn’t see the prices: The titles of each poll include the price.

I was just away on a well needed vacation and a bit spendy. A lot of stuff was on sale but not everything. (I bought some last minute gifts too). I am therefore not judging the spending. I judged on how they looked on your new, rocking body alone.

This was a fun start to the day! My question is: Which things did YOU like? I think that is the most important question.

Lovely post, lovely June!

29. Barbara says:

Cute clothes!

30. Linda from Jamestown says:

You absolutely WERE meant to write those Yes/No lines. They were the best part of the whole post. I wish we could do this every week.

Looking good Joob!

CommandoBarbie

32. Lisa,. Not THAT Lisa says:

You are the only Stitch Fix I need June. I laughed at every single yes/no line.

I voted strictly along the lines of what looked good, ignoring cost. I’m cheap. The only one I didn’t like was the block sweater – just too meh. The pink is a great color for you. The jeans look great, but how do they feel? I’m more about “can I feel my legs or is the waist cutting off circulation to the bottom half of my body?” If they don’t feel good to wear all day, I don’t care how they look. The purse is pretty, but are you a big purse girl? I ditched the big purses a few years ago and just carry a small crossover bag. I realized I would never need to actually live out of my purse so why was I carrying so much junk around every day?

Anyway! Thanks for letting us chime in! It was harder than it seams. I’ll stop there… I’m running out of good material.

Lovely post lovely June!

I have a crossbody and a big purse. Signed medical supply carrying pack rat Koala.

33. Mother says:

I’m in stitches over your comments re: voting. Cute how the pets show up unannounced in the background.

34. Beth says:

Good gravy now I have to go back and look at the prices. I only voted on the look not the price.
    Cardigan , I wouldn’t spend that much.
    If you will wear those jeans for years, go ahead and get them.
    Try more color.
    You asked. 🙂

35. Andrea in TN says:

I have gotten SF several times myself. Usually their jeans picks are really good. They love to send me those open cardigans that I really don’t care for. There is always at least one item in the box that is so ugly/awful/wrong/overpriced that it keeps me from keeping the whole box, even though I end up getting that item for free with the discount. Keep the jeans, the black top, and the pink one, if you like it.

I think Andrea in TN just voted for you to keep your own black top. A vote of confidence if you will.

36. Lisa Pie in TX says:

Yay! For once I am up early enough to get in on the fun. I loved the jeans on you.

37. QueenStella says:

Love the yes/no tags! Thanks for letting us vote!

Well, that was a fun way to start the day! Cute choices! Yes, Jordache looks good in those jeans. Jeans I’ve gotten through SF have turned out to be my favorites, and, bonus, I didn’t have to go hunt them down myself.

39. teesmithii says:

The big hair photo made me snort laugh.

Honestly, you look nice in everything, but I said no to it all because I think it’s all over priced.

My dream job! I love to pick out clothes for others. Thanks for a great start to my Monday morning.

42. pathom says:

“Jordache looks good in those.” Snorting my coffee.

43. Laurie says:

I don’t like anyone else choosing my clothing. You are brave to try. Laurie (Lucy’s mom)

44. Bettydh says:

I love the yes-or-no lines! This was fun.

Pets with no thumbs. How inconvenient.