As you know, because word is sweeping the country faster than a virus

—too soon?—

once a month I get a box from StitchFix, and if I were any sort of successful writer I’d be getting these boxes for free and sailing off to pink-sand beaches with all my cash money.

But as I’m middling at best, I have to pay for StitchFix like the rest of you losers.

(Why IS it she can’t crack the popularity nut? I can’t figure it out.)

Anyway, my box o’Stitch came, like, one day after my surgery (by the way, I had surgery) and I was in no shape to try things on, not to mention I was all swollen and stuff. So first I forced my mother to wear the clothes that came in the box.

I took these from my bed, where I lay for many days, except for when my mother would ask where something was and I’d tell her and she’d say she couldn’t find it and I’d have to get up, leaving a trail of my innards as I minced to find her a slotted spoon.

Since I know that some of you tend to study my photographs for several hours, with a magnifying glass, someone will say, “Why the kitchen chair in the bedroom, JOOOOOON” and my answer is that I forced mom to wash my kitchen floor and she actually removed the chairs from the kitchen, a thing I never ever do.

Also, after she left, I got out a pan and I was all, Whose pan is this? Because it was shiny. And there were no more burnt popcorn stains on it. I have seriously no idea how she got those off that pan.

Anyway, I wrote to StitchFix and told them I’d just had surgery and they wrote back, “OH MY GOD WE KNOW” and also extended the amount of time I could decide on the clothes. I knew you wanted a true, scientific look at me in each of my threads, a word I use because suddenly I’m Jason from Room 222.

I finally felt okay enough to try on my duds Sunday. BUT, as promised, I posed in them emulating poses I found in Soft Surroundings catalog.

My friend Marianne was visiting me yesterday,

so I forced her to be my photographer. Then I said, WASH MY PANS and lo and behold she had to go.

So without further delay—I’m like someone who’s gonna give you a recipe and tells her FEKKING LIFE STORY first—here we go.

Dear Marianne: Why did you art direct me to always be posing the wrong direction?

The good news is, you can see both my mother AND me in most of the clothes. Also, these pants are part of the StitchFix box, but I know I’m keeping them. I love them. I will marry them and become Mrs. June Pants.

No, seriously, Marianne. Are you disordered? Do you see the world in a mirror image? She had me pointing the wrong way in EVERY SHOT. Kills me.

“Really, I didn’t know what I treasured more in this post. The fact that Marianne doesn’t know which direction someone is standing or June’s roots. But once we enjoyed her armpit, all bets were off.”

After this photoshoot, Marianne left to go point other things in the wrong direction, and I slept one of those open-mouth deep sleeps where you wake up and have no idea who you are.

One more thing: The prices are listed at the top of each poll, but remember that if I get all items, including the pants, I get a 25% discount. So all the items together are $240 but I’d get them for $160 (you also get a $20 discount for buying anything at all. It’s maths. Just trust me).

I look forward to your pithy answers.

Love,
Mrs. June Pants

62 thoughts on “Vote on June’s Stitch Fix. Yes, again. It’s a monthly thing, yo.

1. gardenqueen says:

I’m probably alone here, but everything with a pattern, especially a large floral, looks like something my grandma would wear.

I must not be a bargain shopper because I think all of that for $160 is amazing. I spend that on deodorant and paper towels at target. You look fabulous.

Lovely post, lovely June.

3. You and your Mom look cute in the clothes. Love the pants and the blue and white top the most. What a funny idea to base your poses on the catalog. I’m glad you’re feeling well enough to try things on and model.

I get a lot of clothes inexpensively at TJ Maxx, etc. but I’ve found that Stitch Fix is magnificent when you have a specific need and don’t want to spend entire weekends going to every store in town and/or if you don’t live close to many good stores. I needed a dress for a family wedding last summer, so I asked Stitch Fix to send me a box with all dresses in it. I not only found a dress for the wedding that I really liked and looked good on me, I also was sent a dress that was appropriate for a dressy work occasion last fall. And I got to try them on in my house and not schlep armloads of heavy clothes around department stores for hours getting hot and sweaty. (Is that just me?)

If you go long enough in between “Fixes,” they will waive your fee. I’ve got a spring dress box coming next month with no fee.

4. Rosa says:

You look great in every single one. Truly great.

Aw. Thanks!!

5. L. in CA says:

You looked so cute in all the clothes-glad you’re feeling better.

6. Beige says:

This is a good box! I’d marry those pants, too.

7. Leeuna says:

I love everything you showed us and I voted to buy it all. Also, your mother looks wonderful in the navy and grey top. Also the pants look good on her. You’ll have to share these outfits with her. I’m so happy you’re feeling better and are able to enjoy your convalescence a little more.

8. Kate says:

I liked all the items this time! I voted to buy em all. But I still think you could get all of this at JC Penney for like, $60. I’m a cheapskate. Anyway, you look great!

9. Worker Bee says:

These clothes are so much better than past shipments! I loved them!

I hope your convalescence is going well and you are recovering from your (whispers) surgery. I know you’ve tried to keep that information under wraps. Get well soon!

10. JG says:

I think the dress looks great. The others? I’m not sure the poses gave me the best idea about how the items fit on your body so the other votes were guesses.

11. Kathy says:

Great box this time, loved it all. Your mother is beautiful, and your friend looks like she could be your sister!

12. Barbara says:

Treat yourself, since I heard you just had surgery.

13. debwhosbacktobeingdeb says:

Have any of you gone into the discount clothes stores and smelled the weird smell some of the clothes have? Please say yes.

I find all the outfits very cute on you, and I would keep all of them. I think this is a good price for them, assuming they don’t smell.

1. Persephone says:

There are some resale shops that I’ve been in where that smell is overwhelming. I think, please correct me if I am wrong, that some high-volume resale shops [Salvation Army, Goodwill] will “fumigate” the clothes before putting them out on the floor.

14. lares15 says:

Your friend Marianne–looks like your twin !! Had to read that twice check that you’re not related.

15. Anita says:

Buy them all them and then split the box with your mom. I like the floral top on her.

That’s funny. I just called her and told her she looked cuter in the clothes than I did.

16. Sally Petraglia says:

Keep letting the gray roots grow. Me thinks that you will look great with the gray and the curly texture of your hair.

I hope so. I have this fear I’m going to look like Moses.

17. This was a good box. I liked them all.

18. Katy Kazoo says:

Those gray roots are totally giving you a strong resemblance to Bonnie Raitt, never a bad thing.

When is that Soft Surroundings catalog from? 1975?

Hahahahahaha!

19. I like all the items. Your mom looks great wearing them too. She is beautiful. I see the fam resemblance. Did she try to arm wrestle you for any of yor clothing and take advantage of you in a weakened state?

I am voting you keep all ONLY because you insist on using Stitch Fix despite so many of us telling you there are cheaper alternatives. If you are good with over paying to look cute- go for it. I agree with all- great box. I want those pants!

I really am curious about where you guys get little shirts for less than $40 other than Old Navy.

1. Jeanie Herkomer says:

Nordstrom Rack, TJ Maxx for me.

I don’t have a Nordstrom Rack. I didn’t Seattle and remember really liking it. I do have a TJ Maxx but I usually get depressed when I go in there.

1. Persephone says:

Bargain Box – let the Jr League members pay retail and you get the great deal.

1. Persephone says:

Rarely do the clothes smell weird at BB – most of the clothes will have their dry cleaning tags still stapled on.

2. I used to do marshalls or TJ Maxx but I habe a Von Maur near me. Their discounts are amazing. They ship for free. They wrap for free. They get the size you need from another store shipped to you free. Not sure you have one near you. I also like Nordstrom Rack but I do not have to work as hard to find great clothes marked down at Von Maur.

20. Mary Lou says:

I love everything in your box, especially the dress.
    Also Katie’s idea for selling anything you aren’t wild about.

21. Mother says:

I like all those clothes, and I think you look very nice in all of them. I do think the picture of me in the pants makes it look like I have a penis. I don’t.

1. Am currently dying from this comment.

2. Anita says:

Oh, thank god.

Good to know.

1. d-lou says:

Can you share the brand and style of the magic pants?

4. Persephone says:

*scrolls back up*
      *dies*

22. debwhosbacktobeingdeb says:

Toilet water got the stains off the pan.

You look very svelte.

Hahahahahaha!! I have lost weight. I just can’t eat very much without feeling gross. I sort of thought the part where I’m lying around 24 hours a day like Jabba the Hut would make up for the lack of calories, but I’ve lost pounds.

1. debwhosbacktobeingdeb says:

Sadly, when you get into your 60s, you won’t feel like eating ever again. So you don’t really eat. But you will just keep getting fatter for no discernible reason. And when I say “you” I mean “me”.

The poses were magnificent!

At the risk of sounding like a big weirdo, you underarms are in excellent condition.

Pam’s poses remind me of some of your past Stitch Fix poses. She’s a hoot.

What’s this about you having surgery? You should have said something!

24. Marianne says:

How long have you known me June? Didn’t I ever tell you I was dyslexic? Actually the reversal images gave extra character and made for a great blog. It was good to see you friend! 🙂

You too, Feet. Really, I’m the one who turned the wrong way. You just took the pictures obediently. However, if I ever have the opportunity to blame someone else I will take it.

Love the dress and the sleeveless blouse very much. Comfy pants are a HUGE plus. I agree with previous comments, great box this time.

I know! I love that dress too! I’m all, who‘s downvoting this? The dress is magnificent.

26. Gilmore Girl says:

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but it’s not a $20 discount. You pay $20 to get the box mailed to you then if you buy anything, it’s refunded. So it’s not technically a discount, but rather refunding your deposit. They are very tricky though to present it like a discount.

Yes, I’m aware. Thanks.

27. Whaddayamean you haven’t cracked the popularity nut? That isn’t even possible. I don’t see any blogger more funny, more witty than you out there right now. Is it because I live in the Saskatchewan backwoods? -Kate

1. gardenqueen says:

There aren’t many bloggers that have lasted this long either.

28. Maddie says:

The photo in front of the couch! Omg! The expression on your face and excellent awkward arm/hand vibes! You have captured the essence of that catalog.

I think most of those were good for you, but I voted no for most of them just based on the price. But I’m cheap. And rarely buy anything for myself. My daughter brings things for me and tells me “this is good for you. I bought it. You wear it.” Such is my life.

Room 222 – oh how I adored that show!

Also too June – if you ever have anything even remotely resembling surgery, will you please let us know?

Your mom – so pretty!

Oh and for the love of god I meant to mention that you were looking fairly deranged by the end of that photo sesh. Modeling is a tough gig.

Enjoyed both you and Mother modeling your StitchFix. Has Marianne thought of becoming a professional photographer with her model-posing skills?

Keep the pieces you love and will wear. Send back the ones that will just hang in your closet.

31. Carol in Mpls says:

This was a good batch for you. None of my friends have used SF, so how is the quality? That would be my final criteria. I’m trying to really only get things that will last for a while, not the throwaway pieces. You and your mother both have great legs! Also, I’m jealous of that…

32. PLS says:

Too. Expensive. No. But you look great!

33. elsiejb says:

I didn’t care for one item, but the price of the things I like plus the pants you know you’re keeping probably add up to more than $160, So get them all and whenever you wear them somewhere, be sure to pose artfully and take a photo.

34. teesmithii says:

This is the best selection of clothing you have received, but I must agree with Jeanie, the clothing is too expensive. I find good buys at Marshall’s and I’ve found great buys at Dillard’s 75% off sale, which is going on right now.

Funny post!
    Tee

35. Katie says:

I friggin love Stitch Fix posts. I never get a box where I love everything in it. Your stuff looks great. Now that I have found the ThredUp site my StitchFix buying is going to change. I used to like 3-4 pieces of my StitchFix but not want the whole thing so I would narrow it down to 2-3, not knowing what would I do with something new that I wouldn’t wear and didn’t have anyone to give it to. But now I know about ThredUp. I can totally send it to them to sell. There is a whole Stitch Fix brand section on that site. Lots of stuff marked New with Tags. I know people are keeping 4 of their items for the box, basically getting the 5th free with that 25% discount, and then selling it on ThredUp. Such a good option for me! Also, I have found stuff I got on StitchFix new on ThredUp at a much cheaper price. It’s a win!

Oooohhh… that’s actually BRILLIANT! I would literally never think of something like that with my own brain. I’m always over here just coloring inside the lines.

36. Jeanie Herkomer says:

I still think StitchFix is too expensive for what they offer, but I love your poses.

37. Arlene says:

You look wonderful and did I catch the clue that you have had surgery recently? Take care of yourself and enjoy the new clothes, if you buy them.

Seems the new stylist they put on your case “gets” you.